December 31, 2005
In Best News of the Night category... Sissy Willis has posted that her lovely kitty Tiny - who has been under the weather... has gotten a very good report from the vet today. She should be fine - now THAT'S the way to start the new year!
December 24, 2005
December 20, 2005
Seems we're supposed to list our five favorite Christmas movies. You know - those flicks that just SCREAM Christmas for ya. So, let's get started.....
1) Miracle on 34th Street... the Natalie Wood version. It's just so very well done and funny. Even at that age Natalie was an excellent actress and never looked "too" cute to me.
2) White Christmas... What can I say - cornball at its very best. I grew up seeing this movie on the Saturday afternoon movies on television in December.
3) The Ref.... I am not a fan of Dennis Leary in any other film or television show, but this one always makes me laugh.
4) A Christmas Carol... the Alistair Sim version. He is just the epitome of Scrooge and he's so delightfully ditzy at the end.
5) The Desk Set... Katherine Hepburn - Spenser Tracy... I adore this movie and watch it every year at Christmas.
There's one more that isn't really a "Christmas" movie... it's a New Year's movie I also watch every year. Bachelor Mother with Ginger Rogers and David Niven - funny funny funny. The New Year's Eve party is a riot.
Okay - that's one over the limit. And no - although years ago I loved It's a Wonderful Life... it was played way too many times and I got a case of over exposure.
Now who to tag....
_Jon - because it will give him a chance to swear
December 18, 2005
Current weather conditions on the Chicago lakefront... 12 degrees with a 12mph wind. I think it's gusting more than that because the football keeps getting knocked off the tee when they go to kick off.
Even completely pickled in alcohol... That's just damned COLD people! I do NOT miss Chicago winter weather.
December 16, 2005
Now I realize I gave this same present to Machelle... but I think there's enough to go round and Tammi would like some too.
So, if you have a nice housewarming present to give to my blog sis. Put up a post and then go leave a comment. Naturally it's the post about things she craves...
My present is in the extended entry for those who might be on dialup and don't want to wait for the upload. Enjoy! more...
December 14, 2005
You're a scientific intellectual.
What Sort of Intellectual Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Stolen from Tammi.
December 13, 2005
December 12, 2005
1. Finish the sentence: "I wish I ..."
- - Basically, pretend you had up to three wishes to change something about you. A restriction is that cannot wish to change someone else. For example, you can say; "I wish I weighed 30 pounds less." But this wish is not for this meme; "I wish my spouse weighed 30 pounds less."
2. If you are reading this, you are "tagged" with this meme.
It is not necessary to send me any notice.
I just wanna spread some wishes around.
Okay - here are mine...
1) I wish I was in much better physical condition... (weight is not the material factor for me, I'd sure like to be able to do some stuff like pushups, running, etc... it's my own fault for not being in better shape)
2) I wish I were smarter... (I always feel about a step behind in grasping things - like my brain doesn't work quite fast enough)
3) I wish I had some sort of artistic ability with color and what looks right... (I have none - not with art, color, spacial relationships ... it would be nice if I could make sense of color and art instead of being baffled by it)
I didn't make it down to the wedding because we had other plans... plans that ended up being changed at the very last minute - ARG! Therefore - what I was trying sooo very hard to avoid... that dreaded Christmas trip... will now become a reality. Alas, once again I missed meeting lots of great bloggers... not to mention seeing Sarah all gorgeous in her wedding dress. All in all, it looks like Mr. and Mrs. J had a wonderful wedding, I am very sorry to have missed it.
75 queries taking 0.0194 seconds, 283 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.