March 30, 2005
For people who write to communicate - bloggers can certainly talk up a storm when they get together.
I think Eric should look into becoming a professional story teller. Honestly, the man can spin a tale... There were points where I was laughing so hard I was nearly crying. I don't know about his pool playing, because I don't play - no please don't gasp in horror - I never had access to a pool table growing up, so although I like watching good pool players, I don't care if I play or not. I left it to Tammi and TNT to uphold the honor of women with pool cues. But what can I say - he's such a sweetheart. *grin* He also has the gift of being one of the most relaxed and happy people you could meet.
Of everyone there, I was so happy to finally meet Blackfive. I've been reading and commenting at his blog for such a long time... and he lives right here in town (so to speak). Way back in the beginning of his blog life, he used to blog for himself and say (mostly) what he wanted to say. For those who have only recently stumbled onto his blog - it's difficult to get hold of his personality from his current postings. (now days he's doing lots of copy and paste of things we should know and it leaves almost no time for original content *sigh*) But, I remember the older stuff - and he's just like his blog used to be. Here's hoping I held up my end of the conversation... He's has had a fascinating life with all of his military background and the people he's met. (my thanks to his wife for putting up with all his blogging activity - a very difficult thing to understand when you don't blog yourself!)
At dinner I sat across from Harvey - they put a shrimp thing that dangled from a hook between us, but we managed to be able to talk around it. With him and TNT (his beloved wife) we picked up right about where we left off after the Bad Example family reunion. I like that, it means they're good friends - because that's how it works.
One of the people I sat next to at dinner was Grau... but the way the conversation worked, we ended up talking to each other only for a short while in the restaurant. I did get a chance to talk to him more a bit later. As he blogged... Tammi and I escorted him to the area where his car was parked (we didn't want anything to happen to him *grin*). And yes, he was able to find his car AND wake the entire neighborhood... if they even cared - this is the city after all. I still need to go over and do some back reading on his blog... and I need to get him added to my blog roll - for some reason I thought he was on the Bad Example roll... but he's not, so I must do that soon.
(as an aside...What car makers really need to add as a feature... car finder - maybe the car just flashes lights or something when you're looking for it. )
Another person I've wanted to meet forever... Laughing Wolf! I had talked to him on the phone and I've been reading him since I found him at Blackfive's quite a long time ago. He was carrying the only backpack, because he managed to fit in some other stuff while he was up in Chicago. He also had a laptop and was sort of live blogging from the last bar (there was wifi access). I understand, after talking to him today... he plans to have a longer post about the get together soon. (can't wait) Oh yeah, and he also won the Gnome that TNT brought as a party favor. I'd type more on that, but I'm already up to book length...
The last person I hadn't met (cause someone has to finish things up) is That One Guy who is currently computerless and has a blog running amok with Harvey and Eric trashing the place. He was the quiet one of the group. There's usually at least one person... and T1G was it. He was observing us all - maybe taking notes for future posts once he gets back online??? And as usual at these meets - there is always someone you wish you could've talked to a bit more... that's T1G for me. That will be for the next blog meet I think.
And no, I didn't forget Tammi... she was having such a wonderful time. She just glows when she gets together with her friends. It's wonderful to see. (although I don't know if she'll forgive me for NOT letting her do tequila shots just before we were ready to leave and drive back to my place - we were both driving or it wouldn't have mattered *grin*) Yeah, Tammi came and stayed here at my place for the night... it was so much fun. We couldn't really tear ourselves away from the party until about 1:30am which means we got to my place about 2:20am... oh it was late late late!!! Then we did breakfast this morning - I am so not used to eating breakfast - but it was wonderful. Then she had to get going... but I'll see her again soon - not to mention talking to her on the phone tomorrow.
As for phones... I wasn't paying attention to the other side of the table and suddenly cell phones were being passed around. First I talked for about a minute to LeeAnn but it was so loud it was very hard to hear. (I'm sure Tammi got a picture of me with a phone up to one ear and a finger stuck in the other ear). AND I got to talk to Jim of Parkway Rest Stop almost (but not quite) as good as meeting him in person. One day...
Well, for tonight that's all I'm going to say (yes aren't you glad I'm finally going to shut up). As I said in my previous post - blogging this party is hard work - it was too fun to do it justice in a simple post. It was wonderful to meet everyone - can't wait for the next time... AND I can't wait to see the rest of the stories from everyone else. I'm still laughing!
I must ponder a bit more because it was a wonderful evening and nearly impossible to describe...
March 28, 2005
March 27, 2005
If you haven't seen it...Find out about all the scientific studies done on Peeps... *big evil grin*
If you have... Go enjoy it again.
March 26, 2005
March 24, 2005
1) You recently celebrated your 26th wedding anniversary. What do you think the secret to your happy marriage is? Don't ask any tough ones do you? Well, the answer is, I don't know... and I do know. I know some of what our secret is, but that's the stuff that works for us - would it work for others? Who knows...
A great deal of it is the fact that, even when times are bad, we love each other. How do I say this so it sounds right? Together we are better than we could ever be apart. Also, we talk to each other. That might sound kinda silly, but there are always times when you've been married a while, that there isn't time or kids demand everything you have so... talking takes a back seat. Those are the worst times - because not talking means things drift apart between you... The rest is... luck maybe... but we always love each other and that brings the luck.
2) You are an early member of the Bad Example Family - how in the world did you start reading Harvey's site? (I found him via you!) I found Harvey commenting over at Blackfive. He doesn't comment so much over there now that he's busy with all the other blogs he's posting on, but back then, he would make these really funny comments - so I went to his site and saw one of his love notes and made my own comment... That's when he started stalking me to become a blogger. *grin*
3) OK - you and I are planning a weekend day doing what ever - it's all about you!! We have access to a private jet and only 6 hours - where do we go? What do we do? Where the heck are we having lunch? Only 6 hours??? Drat, that means the West Coast is out - cause I'd need longer than 6 hours to meet LeeAnn... Okay, I know (sane people will know right now that I've lost it). Fly to Providence (Rhode Island), drive to Newport and have lunch at the Castle Hill Inn and just sit and watch the boats for the rest of the afternoon. It's a beautiful spot.
4) What is the most fun you've ever had? The time you smiled and laughed so much your face hurt. Most recently there have been a couple of times in tai chi. Yeah we were supposed to be working - but sometimes laughing is a great workout for your brain *grin*. There were a couple of times with stories that took a while to tell - but we were laughing so hard by the time they got done - everyone was crying. (we've got some of the best people in our tai chi class) I can't tell the stories here, because... you had to be there. Actually most of my laugh til you drop stories involve having to be there... such as the time my mom insisted that my daughter eat a piece of pie for dessert - even though she didn't want it. It turned into one of the funniest things we've ever had happen on a trip home, but if I tried to retell it you'd all wonder what the heck was so funny.
5) You love shoes as much as I do......tell me about your favorite pair. Why do you like them so much? Hmmm I can't do justice to shoes quite the way Liv can... However I can but try. I have a pair of Via Spiga boots that my husband really likes *grin* But my favorite currently are my shoes from Aldo - yes the ones I wore to the reunion. I don't know how they did it, but these shoes have a 2.5 inch heel and yet they've managed to make the footbed so comfortable - feels like I'm not wearing heels at all! I don't have stacks and stacks of shoes. Mainly because I can't find too many that like my feet. So, when I do find a pair I'm very happy, especially if they have a heel.
Okay - so that's it. Whew - those were tough. Excuse me now, I have to go take a nap.
March 22, 2005
Got a blog? It's time for a visit from the Gnome *grin* Let's show him the world of blogs.
Be sure to trackback to Nick and go leave Chuck a comment... he doesn't have trackbacks.
March 16, 2005
March 15, 2005
75 queries taking 0.0187 seconds, 290 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.